GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation
You may be aware that from May 25th the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into effect across the EU. The GDPR is a piece of EU wide legislation which will determine how people’s personal data is processed and kept safe and the legal rights individuals have in relation to their own data.
As public organisations, schools are required to comply.
At Park Walk, the Board of Governors have already started the GDPR journey and have taken the following actions:
- o put a team together to audit our data use and work on compliance
- o reviewed our data policy
- o appointed an external data Protection Officer (DPO)
- o reviewed our school security
- o written privacy notices for each of our stakeholders to explain how we use data
We already highly value and protect all of our pupils, parents and staff data and will continue to do so as we ensure compliance with the GDPR.
Please download our reviewed Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notices for parents and carers, pupils and staff, for more information.