Alder Class Information
My name is Miss Turner and I am thrilled to be continuing as your child’s class teacher. We are supported by two teaching assistants, Miss Allan & Mr Digance. We’ve got a busy term ahead, so I thank you in advance for your continued support.
Here is some information:
- Two pieces of homework (one piece of maths and one piece of English) will be uploaded onto Class Dojo on Wednesdays, along with weekly spellings, and should be completed online by Mondays. Homework is NOT returned to school.
- Spellings will continue to be sent home, focussing on the spelling rule taught that week. They will also be available to practise on Spelling Shed.
- Children can change their reading books as they finish them. Our class book corner has a range of genres accessible for all readers and we have regular trips to the library as well. Your child should read (and answer questions about their reading) each night. They can record this independently in their reading record. Please encourage your children to read every day. We appreciate that some children are reluctant readers, but even a few minutes a day will be beneficial. There are also huge benefits to reading to your child – why not try to build this into your evening routines?
- PE in school will take place on Fridays. Children should wear PE kit on this day. We will also be going swimming on Mondays. Children will need a swimming costume and towel. Swimming hats and goggles are optional, but recommended.
- Each Friday we pick two school value leaf winners who are awarded these in an in-class assembly. Our school values are respect, creativity, independence, collaboration and confidence. We also select a super playground friend.
- Children score house points for fantastic learning and good choices (we find out which house has the most points on Fridays).
- In the mornings, we will have a guided reading, English and maths lesson. In the afternoons, we focus on whichever subject we are in the block of. You can see our Spring term timetable attached. Please be advised that this can be subject to change.