Beech Class Information
My name is Miss Lovell and I am your child’s teacher this year. We are supported by teaching assistant Miss Simmonds.
Here is some information to get you started:
- Two pieces of homework (one piece of maths and one piece of English) will be uploaded onto Class Dojo on Wednesdays, along with weekly spellings, and should be completed online by Mondays. Homework is NOT returned to school.
- Your child should read (and answer questions about their reading) each night. They can record this independently in their reading record. Children can change their reading books as they finish them by returning their book and their reading record. Our class book corner has a range of genres accessible for all readers.
- PE takes place on Wednesday and Friday. PE kits should be worn to school on these days.
- We have a morning play on the playground from 10.30-10.40 and a lunch time from 12.30-1.25.
- Each Friday we pick two school value leaf winners who are awarded these in a whole-school assembly. Our school values are respect, creativity, independence, collaboration and confidence.
- Children score house points for fantastic learning and good choices (we find out which house has the most points on Fridays).
- In the mornings, we will have a guided reading, English and maths lesson. In the afternoons, we have a range of lessons such as science, geography, art, music, RE, PE, computing, history and DT. You can see our Spring term timetable attached. Please be advised that this can be subject to change.
Year 4 will be going on an exciting trip this term to support their learning. Details will be sent out soon.